Saturday, January 16, 2016

compassion over killing

Most people are misinformed about how to live a happy healthy life and what to eat in order to actually nurture the cells in our bodies & minds. Most people still think we need animal based protein to build muscle when in fact even Mr. Universe 2014 himself is vegan. Some people still think you need cows milk in order to retain good bone health, when in fact the biggest nutritional studies show that consuming dairy products often lead to osteoporosis, and meat & dairy consumption is strongly linked to cancer, arthritis etc. People still think that the animals get treated well in the Finnish meat-, dairy and fur farms, even though there’s been countless of leaked videos and stories about how stuff actually goes down, just see for yourself, click here.

I would not be vegan if I didn’t know this stuff. I didn’t become vegan just because it sounded like a fun thing to do- heeeeell no, I think it sounded like the lamest thing ever when I first read about it in high school, and how could I not? The way they portrait veganism in most school books is ridiculous, how could anyone possibly know that being vegan is the single best thing you could do for yourself (&your health), the animals and the whole planet? It’s honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I thank my lucky stars everyday that I made the connection and started living according to my true values. 

I would highly recommend that you watch these documentaries 
(they’ll blow your mind & open your eyes) 

1. Earthlings (watch here)

2. Cowspiracy 

3. Forks Over Knives 

4. Blackfish 

(Cowspiracy, Forks Over Knives & Blackfish are all available on Netflix!)


It’s funny cuz it’s true.



No comments:

Post a Comment