Monday, April 4, 2016

Lunch Tip

I made myself a quick & easy lunch the other day and I thought I’d share the recipe with you. As a "starter” (as usual I was snacking while cooking the other stuff) I made flatbread wraps filled with green salad, chickpeas, veggies, sweet mango-chilli sauce & tomato puré. 



I bought the Tiri flatbread from my favorite middle-eastern food store, one pack with probably about six large pieces of bread costed only 0,70 euros, I ate the whole thing because it was just SO GOOD.  

My main course was lentil stew with turmeric & curry spice, basmati rice, fried zuchini with crushed tomatoes, loads of green salad and loads more bread! (I had like two more plates after this)


I know there’s a lot of you guys who’ve started to eat more plant-based, and I’m so soooo happy for you because it’s litterally the best thing ever, but I just have to remind you to eat enough food. Eating a plant-based diet doesn’t mean eating just salad and vegetables (all though I love them to death too), you have to carb the hell up and eat as much rice, potatoes, pasta, lentils, beans, fruit (etc.) as your body craves, and you’ll thrive on this diet. Restricting your food intake doesn’t do your body any good, you want to nourish your body with nutritious, delicious whole foods! 

No comments:

Post a Comment