Tuesday, June 14, 2016

THE FOOD

I honestly had some of the best meals I’ve ever had in Reykjavik. All my lunches & dinners were pre-ordered in the restaurants we went to and they all had made such huge efforts for my meals. The lesson to be learned here is that if you’re going to a non-vegan restaurant to eat, always let the restaurant know about your diet requirements and you’ll definitely not get disappointed. 

We had our first lunch in Restaurant Kopar, even though it’s a fish & seafood restaurant, they had this vegan creamy spaghetti dish with zucchini, chick pea balls, roasted cherry tomatoes with basil & nuts. It was one of my best food experiences ever. 

My favorite drink during the whole trip was called The Tease at Slippbarinn Restaurant. It tasted like licorice-lemon candy and had a piece of licorice as a straw, need I say more?


 All of the starters were top notch...

 ..as were the desserts.

 This was my last dinner before we jumped on the bus to the airport on Saturday evening; delicious french fries, huge bowl of green pesto sauce, grilled mushrooms, onion, paprika, asparagus & corn on the cob, barbeque sauce, stir fried vegetables with kale and mushrooms & last but not least a crispy green salad with all kinds of veggies and nuts. To sum up: it’s NOT difficult to eat out as vegan, not even in a small town like Reykjavik.

No comments:

Post a Comment